NVDA, the open source screen reader by NV Access, is getting more and more widely used all over the world. Even in most (work)situations, it proves to be a stable alternative to the traditional screen readers like JAWS, SuperNova and Window-Eyes. One of the limitations of NVDA has been the lack of support for remote desktop solutions. However, due to recent development by Babbage, this limitation is no more.
The basis of this new functionality for NVDA is a product called Unicorn (Universal Communication over remote networks). Unicorn offers universal communication possibilities between a client for Microsoft Remote Desktop, Citrix and VMware Horizon Unicorn is used by NVDA to allow users to work seamlessly in remote desktop sessions. Connect to your session on a server and instantly have braille and speech output on your client machine. Switch between your local and remote desktop on the fly. Reconnect to your remote session without the need to restart NVDA. Although Unicorn was initially developed for the use within NVDA, the product is not limited to NVDA only. Unicorn can be integrated in every piece of software where communication between a remote desktop server and client is required.
- Remote Desktop support for NVDA
– Access to a remote desktop with both speech and braille support
– Easy client side configuration and installation
– Can run in portable mode on the server, no complex server installation required
– Seamless integration into NVDA using the NVDA Remote add-on
– Switch between local and remote desktop on the fly
– Automatic connection renegotiation when reconnecting to a server
- Supports RDP, Citrix and VMware Horizon solutions
- Licenced on a per end user basis
- Public API with C#, VB.NET, Java, Python and C++ code examples included
For more information, please contact Babbage by either calling +31 (0)165 767281 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org